If you are looking for a website builder that’s basic and allows you to create great blogs, WordPress.com should fit the bill for the right reasons. With millions of users and a great interface, it is considered among the best website builders, and in this quick review, we take a look at the pros and cons.
Advantages at a glance
- com offers more than 290 themes, and all of their templates are responsive. For the uninitiated, responsive themes are optimized for all screens.
- There is no denying that WordPress.com brings all the necessary features that bloggers need, making this the most used one for the category. They come with the solid backing of WordPress community, which is a big plus.
- Note that WordPress also offers thousands of plug-ins, and that’s a huge advantage for bloggers in particular. They also have a mobile setup, so you can always edit your blog or website from any device.
- WordPress does have a plan, which allows you to get rid of their branding details, and if you don’t mind shelling a tad more, you do get unlimited storage with WordPress. Some of the best website builders don’t have the unlimited option as yet.
- Finally, let’s also agree that WordPress is a good option for those who expect considerable tech support. You can get help with this website builder easily.
On the other side
Unfortunately, WordPress.com is not a “drag and drop” builder. As such, it is not as friendly and easy to use as compared to other website builders, such as Wix and Weebly. WordPress.com is not the best choice when it comes to ecommerce, which can be a bummer of sorts, especially if you are a blogger and entrepreneur at the same time and wish to sell a few things.
To be fair, WordPress.com works well for blog creation and management, but it certainly isn’t the best choice for other needs. For example, Wix is much simpler to use and has a way better interface than WordPress.com. Similarly, Shopify is way better for ecommerce than this option. You need to consider what you want to do with a website builder before taking the call. With WordPress.com, you can always create blogs, but don’t expect a lot of extras and free features. It also may take a while to understand as how to use the service for your benefit.